Thursday, November 9, 2017

Post-Halloween projects

I love scrapping Halloween! It's okay to mix garish colors, sparkle, and so on. There's no such thing as "too much" or over the top. Today I have a couple of Halloween related projects to post:

My two grandsons in Minnesota created their own creepy costumes. The boys are 16 and 12, so I wanted to create a layout that wasn't too kid-ish or cute. I used Pebbles' Midnight Haunting collection with its non-traditional patterns and colors, along with Susan Stringfellow's sketch #176. I flipped the sketch horizontally to better accommodate my photos.


The characters are (on the left) Anonymous, with a V is for Vendetta Guy Fawkes mask; and (right) Bendy, a video game character. My grandson and his dad created the mask.

Bendy also showed up on a jack o'lantern. This layout was for GrandDiva's Scrappy Friends challenge, using a sketch from PageMaps:


Again, I used the Midnight Haunting collection.

Then, at the same household, there was an adorable elephant... I used the Midnight Haunting collection again, but with a more feminine look:


The November sketches are up on the challenge blogs; and it's back to everyday photos and layouts. This is the November 1 sketch at Stuck ?! Sketches:


I used the October main kit from Citrus Twist Kits with the sketch for a layout  of my youngest granddaughter, who seems already to be developing her own style and wanting to pick out her own clothes:


The Rubber Buggy Challenge Blog  posts challenges twice a month. For the November 1 sketch challenge, I created this layout with the Space Academy collection by Carta Bella. I wish my daughter had photos of the grandkids' faces, but that's hard to do in a videogame arcade. This particular arcade has games like the ones that were popular 30 years ago. the kids loved Pac-man!



Thanks for looking -- have a wonderful day!








6 comments:

Laura Whitaker said...

Wow Barb,just wow! Great designs! Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Bev Code said...

way to go Barb... awesome take on The Rubber Buggy sketch.. super layout

Number 1 said...

Wow! Fabulous layouts! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?!Sketches!

Nancy Hill said...

Adorable photos on those beautiful scrap book pages. Love the jack o-lanterns and adorable little girlie elephant. Thank you for sharing your wonderful scrap book pages with us at The Rubber Buggy challenge and can't wait to see your next beautiful projects with us soon. Hugs from Idaho, Nancy Hill, The Rubber Buggy Design Team

Helen Wallace said...

A fabulous take on the challenge and you have made so many lovely pages. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!Sketches.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Fantastic pages all around! So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches!