Monday, October 30, 2017

Two more layouts

I'm using the sketch challenges at my favorite blogs as inspiration for pages in my board album about our Boston terrier, who died October 1 at the age of 13. Although we're sad about losing her, it has been fun to put her story down on paper and in pictures.

Both of the layouts I completed today began with sketches from the Sketches in Thyme blog. For the first one, I used sketch #297 by Shawn Lahr. This is Shawn's sketch:


I loved working with this fun sketch! I used the Bark! Collection from Echo Park, along with some fun photos of Coco with our big yellow cat and some of the grandkids:


The album is 6 x 6 inches, so everything is half the size of my normal 12 x 12 pages; but I like the challenge of "shrinking" things occasionally. The flowers were fussy cut from some paper in my stash.

I also used sketch #298 by Bev code for the page that will go on the book's final page. This is the sketch:




I pulled out some stamps and ink for this one.. The journaling is tucked inside the smaller square.Again,I fussy cut the flowers. I stamped the leaves, colored them with watercolor colored pencils and then brushed a wash of gold paint from a kids' paint set over them.


Pictures of jack o' lanterns and kids in costume are starting to pop up on Facebook; hoping to snag a few cute ones to scrap. I love making Halloween layouts!

Thanks for looking, and Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

blbabe1234 said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl and will be missed for sure. Congrats on working on her album so quickly. Took me a while to scrap my baby's pics....Ruby Mae...passed away last December. Wonderful work with the sketches and love the pics. Thanks for sharing with us at Sketches in Thyme!

karrie sweet said...

Really pretty page for such a sad occasion. So sorry for your loss =(
But thanks for using Bev's sketch #298, and for sharing at Sketches In Thyme.

Sharon said...

A very pretty page. So sorry for the loss of your beautiful fur baby. Thanks for joining here at SIT.

LisaM said...

Both of your pages are awesome Barb! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sketches In Thyme.

Eli said...

They are both so sweet! Great job. Eli(Sketches in Thyme)