Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Scarecrow season!

Now that we're nearly in the middle of October, scarecrows seem to be everywhere! They're decorating lawns, doors and homes. They're on sale in stores. They're in store advertisements. 

My hometown in Illinois has a Scarecrow festival each fall, with a scarecrow contest. The last one I attended, a few weeks before we moved, was in 2015. This lovely creation was built by the staff of a gift store in the historic north-end business district and was my favorite entry in the contest:


I scrapped her two year ago, but I wasn't all that thrilled with the layout and decided to create a new layout, using sketch 296 from Sketches in Thyme:


I used the Amber Moon collecton from Prima and a few things from my stash:


I used chalk ink and distress crayons for the shading, then added some stamped distressing and some watercolor splatters to jazz up the plain background. I made the gold circles by tracing the bottom of a small plastic cup with a fine point gold ink pen and then outlining with gold glitter glue (hadn't used the glue in a while; it was fun!)

Thanks for stopping by; have a great week!


5 comments:

Sharon said...

Love your layout! Fall colors are my favorite. Thanks for joining us at SIT.

blbabe1234 said...

Gorgeous layout. Love the yellows. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme

Unknown said...

Such gorgeous inking and layering. Thank you for joining us over at Sketches IN Thyme.

Eli said...

Very nice. I love how you used all the supplies. Great layout. Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

LisaM said...

I love the design and colors! Fabulous layout! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sketches In Thyme!