Friday, October 13, 2017

Fall sports -- are YOU a fan??

We often think of sports as activities that happen during the summer; but there also are a lot of sports that continue into the fall or start in the fall. The baseball play-offs are going on now (and my home state favorites, the current world champion Chicago Cubs, are still in it!!!), football is underway at the local and national levels, and in our community the soccer, cross country and swim team seasons have begun.

Already this year I've scrapped football, roller derby(!), martial arts, motorcycling and more. Today, I have two more sports related layouts. For the first one, I used a Sketches in Thyme sketch from July,  combined with patterned papers from three different Authentique collections, to showcase a photo of my handsome 7th grade grandson's "formal" football portrait.

This was the sketch:




and here's my completed layout, which I also have entered in the October challenge at GrandDiva's Creative Corner




My other football-related layout features that handsome guy's baby sister. She attended her first football game last fall when she was a tiny baby and goes to nearly all of both her brothers' games. She has no idea what's going on, but she has a noisemaker toy and isn't afraid to get loud!

I used the October 1 sketch from the Rubber Buggy Challenge Blog (my first time participating in their challenges) and the newly arrived main kit and patterned paper add-on from Citrus Twist Kits for this layout of  my pint-sized cheerleader (check out those football leggings!)




Here's the Rubber Buggy sketch (I turned the two photos into one vertical photo and rotated the embellishment placement a bit)



Since I was on a roll. I scrapped another photo of my precocious youngest grandchild, this time with the October 1 sketch from Let's Get Sketchy and, again, the October Citrus Twist kit;


And here's the sketch. Again, I rotated the photo orientation and placement to fit my photo.



It's Friday night and my Ott desk light will be burning late while I scrap to my heart's content. Thank you for stopping by; have a great weekend!




16 comments:

Michelle VO said...

Your layout "A is for Apple" is just gorgeous - thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy :)

peggy lin said...

Lovely page!! Thank you so much for joining us at LGS.

Dotstolines said...

Lovely layout! Thank you for playing with us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Bev Code said...

Barb.. OMG what a cutie.. and the page is adorable... amazing accents and fabulous take on The Rubber Buggy sketch. Thanks for playing along and hope to see your work again .... hugs Bev

Bev Code said...

Barb.. OMG what a cutie.. and the page is adorable... amazing accents and fabulous take on The Rubber Buggy sketch. Thanks for playing along and hope to see your work again .... hugs Bev

Marci Bensing said...

Terrific pages! Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Mia Kim said...

What a sweet layout of your Grandchild, thanks for joining LGS

Mia Kim said...

So many gorgeous layouts! Thanks for joining in with LGS

Michelle Kim said...

Gorgeous layouts! Thanks for joining LGS

Sayaka Aihara(sariko*) said...

Cute photo! Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at LGS!

Brenda Caldow said...

Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

Nadia Lipanina said...

Oh, its so cute! Thanks for joining LGS:)

Ginny Hickmott said...

Cute! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Nancy Hill said...

Adorable scrapbook pages especially the cute little girlie. Thank your for sharing your beautiful scrapbook pages with us at The Rubber Buggy challenge and can't wait to see you next projects with us soon. Hugs, Nancy Hill, The Rubber Buggy Design Team

Brenda said...

Great layout and wonderful job with the challenge! Thank you for playing along at GCC!

Astrid Zwaan said...

Great take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at LGS!!!