Sunday, October 29, 2017

Catching up on challenges

We're nearing the end of the month, which means the deadline is near -- or here -- to complete and post October challenge projects. First up is this layout I created for the Rubber Buggy 
Challenge Blog. I used this sketch by Kristine Davidson for Creative Scrappers.


I rearranged the parts to better accommodate my photos. My adorable subjects are two of my grandchildren, all dressed up as Harry Potter characters for a Halloween party last Saturday. I used the Bootiful collection from Photo Play Papers and the Midnight Haunting collection from Pebbles:


That dark background gave me a bit of trouble in photographing the layout, but I like the way the colored papers look  against it.

I used the October 15 sketch from Stuck?! Sketches twice. Here's the sketch:


My first layout features my five-year-old grandson on a visit to his local fire station with his kindergarten class. His teacher took a photo of each child to email to their parents, which I think is a wonderful thing for her to do. I used paper collections from Authentique and Basic Grey:



I used this same sketch for the front cover of a 6 x 6-inch board album I'm creating in memory of our beloved Boston terrier, who died October 2. I'm using the adorable Bark! collection from Echo Park for this one:


Coco's mini album is turning out to be a little bigger than I had planned, because I have so much I want to remember from her 13 years with us. I used this sketch from Let's Get Sketchy for another page:


And here 's my layout:


There are a few more challenges on my "hope to do" list; hoping to add at least a couple more to my "completed" list. Thanks for stopping by; have a great day!

17 comments:

Laura Whitaker said...

Wow Barb, you have been so bus! I always love visiting your blog to see what you have been up to! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Nancy Hill said...

The photos of your grand children are adorable and love the Harry Potter theme. Your scrap book pages are just beautiful and so sorry about your Boston Terrier who was adorable. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at The Rubber Buggy and can't wait to see your next beautiful scrap book and/or cards with us soon. Also, I live in the four corners of Colorado and New Mexico, Durango, Co. Miss the colorful aspens this time of year. Nancy Hill, Design Team for The Rubber Buggy.

Michelle VO said...

Love your layouts - and your sweater weather is a great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy :)

Lizzyc said...

Oh goodness you have been a busy scrapper! Such lovely pages, love how you have used the sketches from Stuck?! thanks for joining in with Stuck?! Sketches!!

Megan said...

Wow great layouts! I love both the layouts with the stuck sketches sketch. That dog layout is perfect for a cover page.

Marci Bensing said...

ALL terrific pages! Thanks for joining in at LGS!

Michelle Kim said...

Lovely layouts! you have been super productive and have some wonderful layouts. Thank you for joining with us at LGS

Ashley Smith said...

All your layouts are wonderful! I like your colorful style. Thank you for joining us at Stuck Sketches.

marialachica said...

Fantastic layouts, they are all amazing! But I particularly love the "where's the fire" one. Thanks for joining us at Stuck Sketches! x

li-bee-ti said...

You were so productive! WOW!
So sorry for your loss of Coco. such a lovely idea to make an album to remember the wonderful time she had with you.
All layouts are beautiful!
Thank you for playing with us at Stuck? Sketches.

Bev Code said...

fabulous Halloween page.. awesome job... Thanks for joining us at The Rubber Buggy

Noe I.G said...

Really cute and funny layouts!! Thanks for joining ud at The Rubber Buggy Challenge. Noe- DT

Sayaka Aihara(sariko*) said...

Love your layouts! Thank you for joining us at LGS!

Nadia Lipanina said...

So funny! its great))

peggy lin said...

Beautiful!! thank you so much for joining us at LGS.

Astrid Zwaan said...

Great take on our sketch, thanks for joining us at LGS!!!

Ginny Hickmott said...

You have been busy! This is a super cute layout and beautifully scraped! Thanks for joining us at LGS!