Thursday, October 12, 2017

Autumn cards

I don't usually make autumn cards (other than Halloween cards), but there were a couple of fun challenges and I have some nice autumn themed papers in my stash. I used to make all my greeting cards -- holidays, birthdays, get well, wedding and so on - but then I got out of the habit. These reminded my how much I loved making cards!

These two were for a challenge on the Cookin' Up Creations forum.  I found card sketches on Pinterest and followed them loosely, using papers and embellishments left over from a fall kit a couple of years ago. The photo of the apple basket was taken at a farmers' market in Minnesota.


 This is another card made from old kit leftovers. There was the cutest pumpkin die and embossing card set in my box of dies (rarely used now that I  have a Cameo) so I used that to make the center image:

I visited a new-to-me challenge blog this week, and found a card sketch challenge that I had to try. The Rubber Buggy Challenge Blog offers challenges twice a month. Here's the sketch:


And here's my card, using Prima's gorgeous Amber Moon collection and a flower from my stash:


Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day

2 comments:

Nancy Hill said...

Beautiful autumn cards. Love the fall colors and images you added in these cards. Thank you for sharing your beautiful cards with us at The Rubber Buggy Challenge and can't wait to see your next projects or cards soon with us. Our next challenge will also be any project that is about autumn and/or Halloween that starts on 10/15 so we would love for you to join us on that one as well. Hugs, Nancy Hill, Design Team for The Rubber Buggy

Bev Code said...

OMG Barb..these are stunning.. super cards.. love the designs. Thanks for joining us at The Rubber Buggy Sketch Challenges...