Saturday, May 20, 2017

What do you do ...

... when you have no recent photos to scrap? That's the dilemma in which I've been finding myself lately. We live 1000 miles away from our children and grandchildren, so I don't have a lot of opportunity to take my own photos, The younger generation seems to be more into taking selfies with their cell phones than in snapping a lot of traditional photos.

To keep myself scrapping, I've been taking photos of things that I like -- favorite coffee mug, some ads painted onto brick walls downtown and so on. The last time I was in this dilemma, I made a mini-album of Disneyland memories from 2012. Next I think I'll start another vacation mini-album. Meanwhile, I made this "Throwback Thursdays" layout using photos my husband took last year of the Arkansas River. I also used a sketch by Rochelle Spears and random products fom my stash:


I also took photos of  the flowers my son and daughter in law sent Mom and me for Mother's Day, using a sketch from the Citrus Twist Kits blog and their May kit.


And I took pictures of our two newly planted shrubs, scrapping them with the May 1 sketch from Stuck?! Sketches


.This week there were a few new photos of family members; this is Saturday night so I'm hoping for quality scraptime.

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Camille Short said...

fun layouts! I have to keep reminding myself it's a generational thing that I don't get many photos of my grandkids....LOL!! :D

Colleen said...

Very fun pages, love the page with the bridge in it. BL

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

Not sure I'll ever have that problem....haha! But you've created some beautiful LO's and it's still important to document what you've got going on! BL

Denise Donald said...

Love your layouts! And you sure did get some gorgeous flowers for Mother's Day. BL

Laura Whitaker said...

Wow ou have been so creative loving all of your pages! Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

Jeanine De Bruyn said...

Lovely layouts I especially the last one! Bl

kelly barron said...

Gorgeous layouts! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!