Friday, February 10, 2017

Valentine's Day cards

I like to make Valentine cards for my grandchildren, inserting a few silly holiday-related riddles inside. This year we have a total of nine grandchildren, ranging in age from 20 years to 5 months old, I bought the "So Loved" collection pack by Photoplay, which offered a nice mix of traditional and non-traditional papers, and proceeded to have fun creating these cards, (I did use the cards from the Photoplaty card kit advertising as inspiration but did not buy the card kit)

These three cards are on their way to my grandchildren in Illinois, ages 19, 17 and 16. It's always a bit of a challenge to come up with cards that aren't too juvenile for the older kids (or, actually, young adults) and for boys, since Valentine paper tends to be kind of girly, The card on the far left is for my 17-year-old grandson; hopefully it's not too girly!




These three are headed for Minnesota, for (left0 to right) 1 `16-year-old guitar playing grandson. my newest 5-month-old granddaughter and my 12-year-old grandson, who is indeed awesome.


The final three are headed for Wiscvonsin to (left to right) my nearly 5-year-old grandson -- he loves our Boston terrier, Coco, so I featured a dog that looks like her; my 9-year-old granddaughter, who loves being on the local roller derby youth team (her skate name is "Anna Maul"; and my 20-year-old stepgranddaughter, who officially joined our family in December when her dad married my daughter.


Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Camille Short said...

So much inspiration! Bloggie Love

Sarah Rosse said...

Beautiful! I'm sure your grandchildren will love them! Sarah BL