Monday, February 20, 2017

Stuck?! -- two new layouts

I am a huge fan of Laura Whitaker's sketches, so I try to check out the Stuck?! Sketches blog each month. Both sketches this month are fabulous, as usual.

This is the Feb. 1 sketch:


My third grandchild turned "sweeet 16" last week, so I found three photos of her that I especially like and combined them with this sketch and the February main kit and embellishment add-on from Citrus Twist Kits:

Here's the also fabulous Feb. 15 sketch:


And my layout, featuring my youngest granddaughter and one of her family's three dogs. I also used the same kit from Citrus Twist Kits:


As you can see on the above two layouts, I've been playing with inks and paints a little bit. I used a chicken-wire stencil to sponge-paint on the background for this one, showing my nine-year-old daughter's rollerderby skates. These are the skates of a warrior!


I used a Stampin' Up grunge background stamp for this one; just couldn't resist showcasing grandson Hamish's unique sense of style:


I used a small paintbrush to throw around a few paint splats, too

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Laura Whitaker said...

Wow such great pages, you have been so busy! Thanks for sharing all of the eye candy! And thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Mandy Melville said...

Wow, these are all fabulous!! Love how you added ink splatters and stamping/stenciling to your backgrounds! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

ÅsaJ said...

Lovely pages!!! Beautiful designs! Thanks for joining Stuck?! Sketches! Hugs Åsa

Raechelle Bellus said...

These are all fantastic layouts! I really like the progression photos that you used on the first sketch! Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!