Monday, February 13, 2017

Celebrating the furbabies

Today I have three recently completed layouts featuring four-legged family members. They bring joy and laughter into our lives, and cause us to mourn when they "cross the rainbow bridge."

My oldest daughter and her family lost their nearly 17-year-old cat, Lenny about two weeks ago. Heather and Dustin adopted Lenny and his brother, Sebastian as kittens. "They were our first babies", Dustin said. The kittens moved with them to Minnesota and over the years tolerated the addition of three children, several dogs, guinea pigs, hamsters and other "wild life". Sebastian died several years ago, but Lenny remained relatively healthy until this winter. He was a sweet, loving cat and is greatly missed, I made this layout in his memory, using a Susan Stringfellow sketch and the Citrus Twist Kits December main kit with embellishment and patterned paper add-ons.


We lost our beloved Boston terrier, Pepper, five years ago last week. He probably had the most personality of any dog I've ever owned. He was playful, comical and a good listener; in short, a onderful companion. I found a picture of him in his prime and did this layout, using a mixture of products from the Citrus Twist November, December and January kits,


I also made a layout of my mom's cat, Lily, making herself cozy in Mom's bed. I used a sketch from Sketches in Thyme sketch and the December Citrus Twist kit, (I was trying to use up some of my current kits before the February one arrived,)



Both Lily and my mom live with us, along with our cat Ed and our dog Coco. Needless to say, the three of them keep our household lively.

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!


4 comments:

Amanda Rhodes said...

Beautiful layouts! What a great memory to remember your pets! BL

Denise Donald said...

Gorgeous layouts for such beautiful pets. So Sweet. BL

Nicole Robinson said...

Beautiful layouts! You've been busy!! BL

Jen My Scrap Menagerie said...

What wonderful pet layouts! I would like to do an entire album on my rotty Roxy. She passed three years ago. It has taken this long to be able to look at her pics without crying. Those fur babies really take over our hearts, don't they? BL