Friday, November 4, 2016

Halloween .... my favorite holiday to scrap!

I've always loved Halloween -- the costumes, the decorations, Trick or treating (and trick or treaters) and candy! This was our first Halloween here in Pueblo, CO. We had about 50 costumed visitors and gave away all our candy.

I also received some photos from some of my family members, so I've been a busy scrapper this week.

My 11-year-old grandson Cameron carved his jack o' lantern all on his own this year, puttoing the New York Giants' logo on one side and a scary face on the other. I used Halloween stash leftover from last year for this layout. which was inspired by one on Laura Whitaker's blog Scrappin' Around the Clock:


Cameron, his friend Nathan and baby sister Charleigh attended a trunk or treat event Saturday near their home in Rochester, MN . I used the fun "Bootiful" collection by Photoplay Paper (designed by Julie Nutting) and made some fun embellishments with my Silhouette Cameo, 

                           

This layout actually has a beautiful grape-y purple border to it, but for some reason my camera refused to see the purple and made it BLUE instead. Several attempts with Photoshop didn't help, so just use your imagination on that grape color! This is also using the Bootiful collection and a sketch from PageMaps for November. The bats and ghost were from my stash.


Each year my oldest daughter and her husband get together with friends for a themed Halloween party. This year was SuperheroeTHs and Cartoon Characters. The Bootiful collection had those two couture cuties that were perfect for my layout. They're stickers, but I used foam tape to attach them and give them some extra dimension. The inspiration for the layout came from a double-page sketch by Susan Stringfellow; I condensed it into one page.


This also was inspired by a Susan Stringfellow layout, and also uses the Bootiful collection. The border paper and title stickers are from my stash. I cut the ghoulish group with my Cameo out of a gunmetal shiny cardstock and outlined with a silver pen. This turned out with a nice grungy look to it, which made me happy (I don't do grunge very often)


Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Camille Short said...

Super adorable Halloween layouts!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Great pages Barb, did a wonderful job for Halloween looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

I'm now a follower of your blog.
God Bless
Hugs
Dottie

Karen said...

So much fun in one post. Love those great pattern papers.

BrendaB said...

Wow, I just love all your Halloween layouts! That ghoulish diecut you made with your Cameo is awesome!

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

Wow....you have been one busy scrapper! These are amazing....Love them all....so unique!! BL