Wednesday, October 26, 2016

New layouts and another baby mini-album

Fall is in the air here in southern Colorado. We've had some nice, sunny 70+-degree days with cool evenings. Because this is "high desert" country, we don't have the lush apple orchards and pumpkin patches that we enjoyed back in Illinois, but there are other seasonal delights to savor. The city park is full of trees turning gold; we need to take a drive through there tomorrow and maybe visit the lion family at the Pueblo Zoo.

Meanwhile, I completed two  more layouts with my Citrus Twist Kits' October main kit. When I first saw it online, I wasn't sure what I could do with it, but this kit is proving to be extremely versatile from baby to wedding to pet pages. For this layout of my cat Eddie keeping me company in my scrap room, I used Sketch # 222 from Sketches in Thyme.  I cut the clouds with my Silhouette Cameo and used embossing folders, chalk ink and Nuvo Drops to dress them up.


I used the sketch from the Citrus Twist blog's October 16 posting, as well as the October kit, for this layout of photos from my older daughter's wedding in 2001. The floral and bird patterned papers from Crate Paper's "Gather" collection have lent themselves well to wedding pages.


This layout was inspired by MercyTiara's (Tracy Banks) youTube process video, "Mall Rats". I played along with her process, adjusting along the way to fit my style, and came up with this layout. I used mostly Crate Paper Cute Girl patterned papers and embellishments.



Back in September, I started working on a mini-album pending my new granddaughter's arrival. It was based on an album made by Angie Gutshall for the "Oh Baby! Mini Album Class" offered by Citrus Twist Kits. I started out fairly modestly but I was having so much fun and had so many ideas that it just grew .... and grew .... and by the time I was done, there were 18 pages plus the covers and the album wouldn't shut. I sent it off to my daughter earlier in the week; now that she has received it, I can show it here.

I used patterned papers from Kaisercraft's "Pitter Patter", Crate Paper's "Little You" and Prima's "Heaven Sent", and chipboard stickers and ephemera from Crate Paper. I had a chipboard 5 x 7 ring binder and pages from 7Gypsies from a long-ago kit; I made some vellum and paper bags with my Cameo, using them as pages and to hold mini layouts and additional photos.

Spine with baby Charleigh's name:


Front cover: 

Page 1:

Pages 2 and 3 (decorated vellum bag)


Pages 4 and 5 


Pages 6 and 7 (another vellum bag)


Mini-layout inside the bag

Pages 8 and 9



Pages 10 and 11 (paper bag holding photos)


Pages 12 and 13


Pages 14 and 15


Pages 16 and 17 (another paper bag)


and the collage tucked inside the bag

My older daughter sent me the first of the Halloween photos today -- she took her younger son, his friend and the baby to a Trunk or Treat event at a local church. I can't wait to get more photos -- Halloween is my favorite holiday to scrap!

Thanks for looking -- have a great day!

6 comments:

Meraj Zaidi said...

This is super cute....love it to pieces :) BL

Jacqui said...

Wow so many great layouts to look at and your album looks wonderful - BL

blbabe1234 said...

Such sweet layouts and album. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your layouts are lovely and your mini album is just gorgeous...you put so much detail into it. A labor of love x BL

BrendaB said...

Wow, such great projects! Love all your layouts and that mini album is a real treasure! BL

Karen said...

I really like the multicolor letters for the cat layout title.
Wedding page is so lovely. You've really made a fantastic
baby album...such a precious gift. wow!