Sunday, October 2, 2016

Last layout of September and first one of October

As you can tell by my blog, I love sketches and scrapbooking challenges. Most of the sketch challenges are due at the end of each month, so there's always a rush to get that last one done. Friday night, I tried to play beat the clock with the second September sketch at Stuck?! Sketches. I didn't finish in time (forgot about the two-hour time difference here in Colorado)  so I didn't post it on Stuck?!, but happy to show it here.

This is the sketch:





And here's my layout. I used Kaisercraft's Pitter Patter paper and various things from my stash. (Yes, yet another new grandbaby layout! Well, can you blame me? She's just so precious)


The first layout in October was created for Mercy Tiara's 27 Day Scrapbook Challenge on Facebook. (Tracy Banks, administrator of the page, also creates a uTube video each month to correspond with the challenge.) This month is a recipe challenge calling for, among other things, a 5 x 7 black and white photo of yourself, use of a sketch and a few other "ingredients". I chose this sketch from June at Stuck?! Sketches:


Here is the layout I created with it. That photo was taken in 1958 around my second birthday. The photographer (who ran a studio in our rural community for more than 50 years) made funny faces to get me to smile. My mom said I giggled so much that I nearly fell off the table on which I was sitting. I made my own mist color for this layout by combining Salmon and White Color Shine Mist, with some white acrylic paint mixed in. The patterned papers are from a WRMK "Chalkboard" 6 x 6 pad that I found in my stash.


I've come to a bit of a standstill this weekend because I've run out of  recent photos to scrap. Hoping the new baby's mommy will provide some more of her sweet girl, or that I can snag some photos of kids and grandkids from Facebook. If all else fails, it's back to the shoebox files of photos from 40 years of raising kids or even further, to some photos of mine and my husband's families from way back, almost as far as the 1900's.

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Great-Aunt Camille said...

Scrapping those cutetes photos has to be the best! Bloggie Love

Karen said...

Beautiful soft colors. BL

Jean said...

Love the details on each layout! And your choices of papers!

Jen My Scrap Menagerie said...

Love the photo of you! I can almost hear you giggling! The baby layout is so adorable! I'm starting to try layout challenges, too. I'm finding them quite fun! BL

Penny said...

I love how both of your layouts turned out, and how closely you followed the sketches. You layering is amazing! Penny BL