Thursday, October 20, 2016

Baby boy mini album

SkeOur "backyard neighbors" (our back lawns adjoin -- or at least our fencelines do) welcomed a new grandson into their family just two weeks after our new granddaughter Charleigh was born. AnnMarie, who is a lovely woman, gave us a cute stuffed elephant for Charleigh, so I made a mini album for their little Enrico. Hobby Lobby had all scrapbooking papers, ribbons and kits on sale for 50% off, so I bought an adorable Echo Park Bundle of Joy kit for $5. I spent another $2 on ribbons and cardstock.

 Meanwhile, I had some 6 x 6 chipboard album covers from some long-ago kit or project. I used thin chipboard from Silhouette (also in my stash) to cut inside pages. The finished book has 8 pages plus the front and back panels, and I still have enough supplies left for another one if I were so inclined.

This is the finished book:

 
The Bundle of Joy boy collection has an adorable lion, but there wasn't a sticker large enough in the kit so I found this one in the Silhouette Store and cut it with my Cameo. I also cut the owl with an Echo Park cut file from Silhouette because I needed a small one here.


I added the Baby Stats journaling block by backing it with  lined journaling block, then punching a hole and tying it to my O-rings with baker's twine. I cut the balloons with the Cameo, Both title blocks and the snail are adhered with foam tape for extra dimension.



Isn't that cow sticker adorable??? I made the "to the mooon and back"  journaling block.



Again, I backed the title blocks with foam tape. I also inked all the white cardstock photo blocks so they can be used as mats for the photos. And since Enrico's mommy will add the photos, I put waxed paper behind the foam or stickers that cover any part of the photo mats so they can be easily pulled away and then re-stuck.


The barn and tractor stickers are really cute too! 


It seems that making mini albums is contagious. I also made a (much more elaborate) one for Charleigh, which should reach her tomorrow. After her mommy and daddy have seen the album, I can post it too.

I also completed five layouts this week, all using the October main kit from Citrus Twist Kits.  This layout started with the October 1 sketch from Stuck?! Sketches, When my oldest daughter was married in 2001, I wasn't into scrapbooking, so now I'm going back and scrapping her photos.



I used an older sketch by Laura Whitaker for this layout.  It seems that most of my granddaughter Charleigh's photos show her sleeping; but then, she's only 5 weeks old. Love her little sweater dress!






 I loved this baclkground paper from Pinkfresh Studios and couldn't wait to use it. It was perfect for granddaughter Anna's cheerleading camp photo. The sketch is from My Creative Sketches.


I used this older sketch by Laura Whitaker because I loved the big star graphic. Cutting it in a sunny color went perfectly with my grandson's smiling face. 




I used a sketch from Citrus Twist Kits' blog (I think it was late September 2015) for this layout.




Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

8 comments:

Davinia said...

ok so lets just say your work is awesome! i love the scrapbook pages and take hat off as i am hopeless at them.
the album....wowzers! the details its just a gorgeous project and your attention to detail is brilliant. went back a few times to look and you cant help but smile with it. hugs d (bl) x

Sharon said...

Wow you have been very busy. Every one of your layouts and the mini book is gorgeous. Your neighbor will love the mini so much.

phamil said...

Super, super cute mini album, I love everything about it! And the layouts are gorgeous, but that mini is just adorable!!! BL

Laura Whitaker said...

Wow Barb, you have been super busy! love all your pages and your mini! The take on our sketch at Stuck?! is so beautiful loving your added details! hanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Karen said...

The mini album is so sweet...what a perfect gift. BL

Natsuko Suzuki said...

Love your work! Very nice!! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches:)

Morag Cutts said...

Wow! So many fabulous layouts. You have been a really busy bee! Thanks for playing along with Stuck! Sketches.

Bev Code said...

OMG amazing mini and fab projects. Each one is awesome.. great details and accents.. BL