Saturday, September 17, 2016

Two more baby layouts

I will admit it -- I'm a little bit obsessed right now with baby photos and baby layouts. Charleigh, our eighth grandchild (and fourth granddaughter) made her appearance last Tuesday morning. I'm heading to Rochester, MN., this coming Tuesday to meet her in person and take some photos of my own. I can't wait to cuddle that little girl!

Meanwhile,  I used the September main kit, Sprinkles embellishment add on and patterned paper add on from Citrus Twist Kits to make two baby layouts. The kit featured some elements from Crate Paper's Cute Girl line. I love the quirky colors and bright, happy embellishments.

The the first layout, I used this sketch from Creative Scrappers.  Here is the sketch:


And here's my layout:


In a little twist of cooincidence, I was inspired for the above layout by one createf and submittted by Laura Whitacker of Stuck?! Sketches. Laura included a link to her process video, which showed the plastic packaging technique for creating backgrounds. I had so much fun with that technique on both of my layouts.

I used the same kit for the second layout, this time with a sketch from Stuck!? sketches. This is the sketch:


And here's my layout:


I had made a mini album and a couple of layouts with a "baby line" and was growing weary of pastel pink, so the raspberry, teal and black color scheme was a nice change of pace.

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

15 comments:

Vivian Lake said...

Babies are always perfect to scrap. Love both your layouts! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Monique Liedtke said...

Congratulations!! How awesome to have 8 grand children! Love both of your pages and your take on the sketches. Thank you so much for choosing Stuck?! Sketches to play along.

Cassie said...

What sweet pages! The colors and patterns look fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Kristine Davidson said...

you do such gorgeous work Barb! thanks for playing with us at Creative Scrappers ;)) xx

Number 1 said...

Both layouts are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Scrappers!

Laura Whitaker said...

Oh Barb, these pages are stunning! So glad you like the technique! Thanks so much for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

jenessa said...

Super sweet pages and photos. Love the color scheme. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Bev Code said...

fabulous baby pages.. too cute.. BL

Devra said...

Congrats to you. I like the bright colors on a baby page! Thanks so much for sharing your page with us at Stuck?! Sketches

Karen said...

Great scribble circle & I lLove the sprinkle of confetti too!

Colleen LoVette said...

Both pages are just so precious. BL

Great-Aunt Camille said...

Love your layouts! Bloggie Love

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

So adorable....a great use of the sketches! BL

Majken Pullin said...

Adorable layouts! So glad you joined us at Creative Scrappers!

Karen said...

Beautiful takes on the layout.