Thursday, September 29, 2016

.......and MORE baby layouts

My grandchildren have always been my favorite subjects to scrap. And with a new granddaughter and loads of photos coming my way, you can expect to see baby layouts for a while. 

The first layout is sort of a round-up of photos from little Charleigh's first week "on the outside". Not a lot of action unfortunately, since like most newborns she spent most of her time sleeping. I loved the simplicity of this sketch from Sketches in Thyme:


I used scraps from my Kaisercraft "Pitter Patter" papers and some chipboard embellishments from Crate Paper's "Little You - Girl" line. (Don't you just love that bunny?) The doilies were from Hobby Lobby and I used a Silhouette file to cut the little roses. Then of course, there are those sweet baby pics:


This sketch came from the Citrus Twist Kits blog.


I re-interpreted the large photo into a series of smaller pictures. Charleigh's second and third week included more awake moments, as seen in the photos. I used the August and September kits from Citrus Twist Kits and came up with the title when I found that doll ephemera from Crate Paper's "Cute Girl" collection.


This sketch came from Let's Get Sketchy; again, I liked the simplicity.


Like many scrapbookers, I don't often show up in my own layouts. My daughter took this photo with my camera so I have no excuse. I used the August kit from Citrus Twist Kits; loving the Cute Girl ephemera pieces!


And just for variety, here's a zoo layout (also a frequent scrap subject, since my mom and I have an annual pass and visit our local zoo fairly often). This is the sketch from Citrus Twist Kits:



And here's my layout, using the September main kit and add ons from Citrus Twist Kits. I loved the red kangaroo's pose as he watched the visitors go by and stayed cool under the trees.


There are more baby photos every day; looking forward to getting some from a professional "newborn photo shoot". I'm also looking forward to Halloween photos to scrap in a few weeks (Halloween is my favorite holiday to scrap. I love the Halloween themed collections!) 

Thanks for looking; have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Carole Wright said...

HI super cute layouts, love them. BL x

blbabe1234 said...

Very sweet page! Love the little embellies. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

Great-Aunt Camille said...

Beautiful! I love the mixture of colors. Bloggie Love

Eli said...

Great combination of papers. The result is very nice. We are really happy that our sketch has inspired you. Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

Helene Bogren said...

Love your take on the sketch! Lovely layout! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Simple Made Pretty said...

Adorable! BL

Karen said...

Great layouts, love how you substituted 8 small photos to replace 1 large photo. THanks BL