Thursday, September 15, 2016

A new granddaughter!

First and foremost, I'm happy to report that my husband, Michael and I welcomed our eighth grandchild into the family this week, Charleigh Janise was born at 6:40 a.m. Tuesday, September 13 in Rochester, MN., to our daughter Heather and her husband Dustin. Charleigh is welcomed by two brothers: Ethan, 15 and Cameron, 11. I'll be flying from Colorado to Minnesota next Tuesday to meet her; so excited!!!

As you can guess, three of the four layouts I completed this week feature photos of Charleigh.  The first features a photo taken shortly after her birth. I used patterned papers from Kaisercraft's Pitter Patter collection with chipboard and ephemera from Crate Paper's Little You Girl collection. The sketch is from Citrus Twist Kits. This is the sketch:


And here's my layout of our new little sweetie:



The second uses photos taken Tuesday evening when the boys came to the hospital to meet their new sister. Littlr Charleigh already has both of them wrapped around her tiny finger, I used the September kit from Citrus Twist Kits along with a sketch from the Sketches in Thyme blog. Here's the sketch:


And my layout:


The third features Charleigh having cuddle time with Momma. The sketch is from Let's Get Sketchy. This is the sketch:


Once again, I used Kaisercraft's Pitter Patter with chipboard stickers from Crate Paper.



I also scrapped a non-baby layout (while I was waiting up anxiously for word from Minnesota on Monday evening and into the wee hours of Tuesday). I used a sketch from Citrus Twist Kits and the Citrus Twist main kit for September. This is the sketch:


And this is my layout, featuring goats from the Pueblo Zoo (which has become a favorite go-to spot for my mom and me on a pleasant late-summer afternoon)


I also made a mini-album for baby Charleigh using Kaisercraft and other assorted papers with Crate Paper Little You chipboard and ephemera. The inspiration was a book made by Angie Gutshall for Citrus Twist's "Oh Baby" album class earlier in thre summeer. Here are a few of the 18-plus pages, mini bags and inserts I made for it:






Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

8 comments:

blbabe1234 said...

Sweet layouts and congrats to you and your family! She's beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

Marci Bensing said...

Congratulations!!!! Love ALL of your pages! Thanks for joining us over at LGS!

Jacqui said...

All of your work is so sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

Melissa Vining said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter! Love all your pages and cards! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Eli said...

What a beautiful family! I think you are very happy because your pages are full of this love. Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

Joefil said...

Congrats on your new granddaughter! Beautiful pages and cards! Thank you so much for joining us at LGS :)

Great-Aunt Camille said...

Sweet layouts! Isn't scrapping there grands the best?!? Bloggie Love

Barbara Greenberg said...

First off congratulations on the new addition to your family.
Thanks so much for using the sketch at Sketches in Thyme for one of your layout.