Thursday, August 25, 2016

Scrapping about a cherished heirloom

We moved to Colorado from Illinois a few months ago, and I still have a few unpacked boxes of things (both crafty and otherwise) in my scraproom. As I was emptying a couple of boxes and finding homes for the things inside them, I found a small tin that had belonged to my Grandma Josephine, She saved buttons from old clothing, past sewing projects and so on, and put all of the buttons into metal round containers such as old cookie tins, gift boxes for candy or soap and other metal cans with pretty prints and tight lids. She was always happy to share buttons with all of us for school projects and for crafts. When she died, I was able to bring home one of those tins. It's sitting now where I can see it every time I scrap. It reminds me of Grandma Josie and her generosity, love and kind spirit.

I decided to scrap a photo of the tin, using Sketch #214 from the Sketches in Thyme blog. This is the sketch:


and this is my layout.The patterned papers are from the August kit from Citrus Twist Kits. I cut the border, flower and title with my Silhouette Cameo.


Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

4 comments:

blbabe1234 said...

This is fabulous. I really love the soft colors and the punched border. Thank you so much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

Sara Scraps said...

Love that wonderful story! And your page is stunning! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme!

Eli said...

Great page, a beautiful take of the sketch. Thanks for sharing it on Sketches in Thyme blog. Eli

Great-Aunt Camille said...

What a beautiful idea... Scrapping grandma's button tin. Bloggie Love