Sunday, August 21, 2016

One kit, many different layouts

I love scrapbooking kits because they save me a lot of time in choosing and matching products and, in the end, they save me money. I know that everything in the bag has been chosen because it all "goes together", so I can get down to the much more enjoyable business of creating

Right now I'm creating with the August main kit, "Sprinkles" embellishment add-on and patterned paper add-on from Citrus Twist Kits. The papers and colors this month are especially fun. I've made six layouts so far and still have a lot of kit left. The first layout, "You're Gonna Hear Me Roar", already has been posted. For this one I used a sketch from PageMaps. My new daughter-in-law earned her Doctor of Nursing Practices degree in May. We couldn't be there but I borrowed some photos from her parents for this layout.


I ran out of current pictures to scrap, so I rummaged through some old photo books and found this one from 1989 or 1990. My second child needed extra practice in reading, so he often read aloud to my youngest daughter. The photo quality wasn't great, so I converted it to black and white, I used a sketch from Stuck?! Sketches. I just loved the hot air balloon paper from Shimelle's "Starshine" collection that was in the August kit; the balloons are just made for fussy cutting!


I used a sketch from Let's Get Sketchy for this fun layout; I also used it for a challenge on the Citrus Twist blog to journal about emotions or feelings. The journaling tag, tucked under the photo, tells about how I admire birds from a distance but get freaked out if they get too close.



I used a Citrus Twist blog sketch for this one; the pictures are from 2009.



My kids and grandkids all know I'm a Facebook photo snagger, and that's how I got these pictures of my daughter, her fiance and his daughter. The sketch is by Susan Stringfellow and it's one I've used several times. 


Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

9 comments:

Marci Bensing said...

Love your work--well scrapped! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Brenshevia Baker said...

Thank you for joining us at LGS, you did a wonderful job with the sketch

Brenda Caldow said...

Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

Laura Whitaker said...

Wow, wow you have been busy! Such great pages and super fun colours! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Devra said...

Wow! You've been busy! what a sweet photo! Love the layering behind it! I too love the balloons in that collection. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Stuck?! Sketches.

Joefil said...

Awesome pages! Thank you so much fir joining us at LGS :)

Helene Bogren said...

Great take on our sketch! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Astrid Zwaan said...

Simply beautiful!Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Great-Aunt Camille said...

These are fabulous! Bloggie Love