Saturday, July 30, 2016

Trying to stay cool

This is our first summer living in Pueblo, Colorado, which is located in the "high desert" region of the state. We are in a bit of a "pocket" at 4700 feet altitude that protects us from the heavy snows that Colorado Springs, Denver and the mountain areas receive, but it also means that we get about 5 degrees hotter than then higher mountain towns. That means for some pretty hot days. We've learned to go outside early in the morning or toward evening, when temperatures are cooler and there is often a pleasant breeze.

With this week's high temperatures, I found a little more time in my scrap room and was able to complete four layouts. All four of them were made primarily with supplies from the July main kit, embellishment and patterned paper add-ons from Citrus Twist Kits. All four of them also used photos that I snagged from Facebook.

I used an older sketch by Liz Chidester for this layout of my oldest daughter's "baby bump":



 I used a sketch from the Citrus Twist Kits blog for this one. It's rare to get the teenage boy in any photos, so I had to snag and scrap these!



I used a sketch from Stuck?! Sketches for the next one. There is a photo of the previously mentioned teenager, who looks less than thrilled to be on that boat. The misted splats and spots were created with a Tim Holtz mini stencil that I've definitely been over-using because I love it:


I used a Sketches in Thyme sketch for this fun page. I cut the title and the smirky shark (isn't he a hoot?) with my Silhouette Cameo.



Yesterday my mom and I took a little trip over to Colorado Springs and visited Simple Pleasures, a beautiful scrapbook and stamp store. I picked up some Safari Adventure papers and cardstock stickers from Graphic 45; papers from Kaiserkraft's Pitter Patter baby girl collection; chipboard stickers from Crate Paper's Little You girl line and some sweet blossoms from Prima. Looking forward to making some new zoo layouts and a baby girl mini album or layouts.

Thanks for looking. Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Very cute layout. The shark really makes your page have lots of personality. We used to drive through Pueblo all the time on our way to Ft Collins. Colorado is a beautiful state to visit. Thank so much for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme.

Lori said...

All of your layouts are just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketches In Thyme!

blbabe1234 said...

Beautiful layouts - each and every one of them! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

Rumtruffle said...

Wow stunning layouts, a great memory.
Thank you for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!
~Helen~

LisaM said...

Awesome layouts! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!