Sunday, July 24, 2016

That's me in that picture ...

Like many scrapbookers, I usually stand behind the camera lens rather than in front of it. For that reason, I'm not in my own scrapbook albums very often. The Challenge YOUself Blog offers a new challenge each month. The topics vary but one requirement is always the same: you must use a photo of yourself.

In July, the challenge was to use the posted PageMaps sketch to create a summer scene. I used a photo of myself and my husband, taken in 2009 on our 25th anniversary. We spent a week in southwestern Michigan; the photo was taken on the top of the dunes in Saugatuck.

This is the challenge:



And this is my layout. I used the July main kit, embellishment kit and paper add on from Citrus Twist Kits:



Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

This is such a wonderful layout, Barb! I absolutely love the photo of the 2 of you and you scrapped it beautifully! I love your take on the sketch and summer theme! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month! We are very happy that you did!

Sherri Caramico said...

What a beautiful layout! I love the colors! Such a lovely take on the sketch, and YES, it is SO important to include photos of YOU in your scrapping too! So happy you joined us and thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!

Susanne said...

This is splendid, such fun embellishing going on here.

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Love the soft and frsh feeling of your layout! Beautiful colors and embellshments. Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

ÅsaJ said...

Such a beautiful layout! Love the colours and your design! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself! Åsa xx

Patries said...

Super nice layout, with al the colors and wonderful way you put the journaling on.

Rachel said...

What a lovely layout! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself.