Sunday, July 17, 2016

Keeping it simple

Often, my layouts end up with multiple layers and piled-on embellishments; paint, glittered elements and more. Other times, I like to keep the layout itself simple so the photos can shine. That was the case with the layout I made using the July 1 sketch from Stuck?! Sketches.

This is the sketch:


I had taken some photos of a glorious sunset earlier in the week. This photostrip motif was perfect for the photos; but after I added a couple of simple embellishments, I decided that in this case, less is more. Here's my finished layout, using the June kit and add ons from Citrus Twist Kits:


Thanks for looking -- have a great day!

6 comments:

Devra said...

This is beautiful. Your colors are both complimentary and contrasting making that photos shine. I love how you kept this so simple, Thanks for sharing with us at Stuck?! Sketches

Danie Ramirez said...

Oh!! I love the wood grain paper mixed with your photo strip, great use of the sketch.
Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Cassie said...

This layout is so beautiful! I love how the paper choices bring out the photos even more. Fabulous take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Laura Whitaker said...

Gorgeous page, love the photo strip and the way that you pulled out the colours of your photo onto your layout! Thank you for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

jenessa said...

Beautiful photos. Love the woodgrain background on the layout. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Monique Liedtke said...

Wow such beautiful photos!! Love your take on the sketch!! Thank you so much for playing along with Stuck?! Sketches!