Monday, July 4, 2016

Creative Scrappers is back ...

... and I'm thrilled! I love Kristine Davidson's sketches (they always hold so many design possibilities) and I've been inspired by the creative team and guest designers.

The July sketch, #296, includes a link to get a free "chopstick design" cut file from JustNick. This is the sketch (with the cut file represented):


And here is my layout. I used part of the cut file to cut the chopstick design into my white background paper. I used paint and ink on my background paper, then adhered patterned paper onto another piece of cardstock and put that behind the cutouts. Loving the effect! The patterned papers and embellishments came mostly from the Citrus Twist Kits' main June kit and add-ons.




I also used the June sketch to make a layout, which I posted here on my blog and linked to the Creative Scrappers site. Then, somehow I deleted my blog post. The photo is still up on the Creative Scrappers blog, so here it is again:


I used the same June kit from Citrus Twist and a few things from my stash. This was the sketch:

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful Fourth of July and a great week!

6 comments:

Number 1 said...

WOW!!! You did a fabulous job with both sketches!!! Thank for playing along with us at Creative Scrappers. :)

Kristine Davidson said...

awesome job !! and i'm glad you are participating in our challenges ;))

thanks for sharing Barb! xx K

AsokaScrapper said...

Those layouts are awesome! Your take on both sketches are so cool! Thanks for playing with us!

Majken Pullin said...

Love your layout...the great title/font, your awesome photo, and all those great paper strips! So glad you joined us for June and July at Creative Scrappers!!

Edith @ Cloutiere said...

Beautiful layout!!! Thanks for playing with us :)

elisa delora said...

What a lovely layout! Thanks for posting on the Creative Scrappers blog!!