Saturday, June 4, 2016

Re-scrapping older photos

Thursday, June 2 was my oldest daughter's 15th wedding anniversary. When she and her husband married in 2001, digital cameras were just starting to appear. The wedding photographer still shot photos on film, which meant the photos had to be developed through a process, and prints from the photographer were pricey.

When my younger daughter married in 2010, and my younger son in 2015, digital photography was in full stride and I had discovered scrapbooking. I have albums full of layouts I created with photos from both weddings. I also made a few layouts of photos from my oldest girl's wedding, but that was early in my scrapbooking and I wasn't crazy about most of them. So, I have started scrapping new layouts of those photos from 2001. 

For the first layout, I used the May 22 sketch from the Citrus Twist Kits blog along with the May main kit, paper and embellishment add-ons. 


For the second layout, I used the first June sketch from Stuck?! Sketches along with some pretty papers from Belle Vie by Julie Nutting for Photoplay Paper Company. Here's the finished layout:


Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Danie Ramirez said...

Beautiful! Hard to re-do /start pages again...but you nailed it!
Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Cassie said...

What beautiful pages!! Love all the details you added to your pages. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Laura Whitaker said...

Beautiful pages and great colour palettes! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Monique Liedtke said...

Wonderful pages, both of them! Great idea to scrap some of those photos again (I'm so going to do that too!). Thanks for joining in the Stuck?! Sketches challenge!

jenessa said...

Beautiful pages. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

Devra said...

These are so pretty. The floral papers couldn't be any more perfect for your page. I love the addition of the second photo. Thanks for sharing with us at Stuck?! Sketches

Sherri said...

Nice pages Barb!