Sunday, May 22, 2016

Rocking the double page layout

My youngest daughter's 28th birthday was last week, and her boyfriend gave her a magnificent custom-made vest. They're both big rockabilly fans -- music, dress and culture -- and he spent three months working with a local textile design artist on the vest. It includes icons and references to her favorite rockabilly song, bands and icons. As soon as she posted photos, I knew I had to scrap it.

I used a great double-page sketch from the Scrapmuch? blog and the May main kit and paper add-on from Citrus Twist Kits. I used my Silhouette Cameo to create a few rockabilly-inspired embellishments (with a little online research)

This is the sketch:


And here's my layout:


I added a line around the layout to help differentiate between the white layout background and the blog background; not sure it helped much. This was a fun layout to do. Thanks for looking; have a great day!

4 comments:

Danie Ramirez said...

Beautiful! Love your take on the sketch and great vest
Thank you for joining us for our last double sketch at ScrapMuch?

Laura Whitaker said...

How fun, I love these colours! Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

Sandy Ross said...

Fabulous layout....love your paper choices, embellishing and fun photos! Thanks for playing along with ScrapMuch?!

Anna Uhras said...

So cool!! Great double spread Barb!! Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch? Anna xo