Sunday, April 3, 2016

BOY OH BOY!

For somre reason, I usually struggle a bit with boy-themed layouts. Maybe it's because most of my kits seem to lean firmly on the feminine side. That's why I jumped at the chance to do the April challenge on Mercy Tiara's Facebook challenge page: simply make a boy themed layout. I had a new photo of my soon-to-be-four year old grandson with a new haircut and, sadly a new black eye; so I combined it with a Scraptastic Club kit from last summer that was at least NOT girly. Then I used the April 1 sketch from STUCK?! SKETCHES and went to town!

This is the sketch from STUCK?!:



And here's my layout (a little hard to see the "shiner" in the photo, but it circles his left eye)



Our local zoo debuted the new baby lion, who was born in mid-January, last week. He's the first lion to e born at the Pueblo Zoo in ten years and he is adorable. His name, Mumford, was chosen in a "name the lion" poll. He is named after the band Mumford & Sons, who had a hit single back in 2009 or so called "Little Lion Man". (I voted for Faraji myself, but Mumford is cute) I used a sketch and the March kit from Citrus Twist Kits for this quick, fun layout:


The photos were taken from behind a double layer of super thick plexiglass, so they have a bit of a sheen or glare; but given that there werre two grown lions and a baby on the other side, I was happy for the protection! My mom and I will be back to the zoo again to watch Mumford grow,

Thanks for looking; have a great day!

5 comments:

Laura Whitaker said...

Great pages, so loving your layering! Thanks for joining us at
Stuck?! Sketches!

Vivian Lake said...

Your boy page turned out perfect!!! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Danie Ramirez said...

"Masculine" pages have no rules - you nailed it!! Love the layers and the flair - so fun
Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Nicole Doiron said...

Oh WOW! You absolutely rock at boy layouts! This is fabulous! Thank you for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Mandy Melville said...

Awesome boy themed layout! I LOVE the colours and your embellishments! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!