Saturday, March 5, 2016

....and yet another wedding layout

The wedding photographer (Melissa Marie Photography of Chicago -- she was phenomenal) took hundreds of beautiful pictures at my son's wedding last summer. I've been having a wonderful time scrapping them!

Here's another wedding layout, and the eighth page that I've made from my February kit from Citrus Twist Kits (that may be a record from one kit for me). The wedding was in a forest preserve's native plants garden. It was a bit of a hike from the visitor center hall in which the reception was held, so the wedding party used golf carts to get from the hall to the garden and back. I love this photo, taken after the wedding. The sketch is from Sketches in Thyme and was especially fun to work with.



I don't usually work with papers with huge script writing because I'm never sure what to do with it, but I loved this sketch because it gave me a way to use both that script and the polka dot patterns from Maggie Homes/Crate Paper. Not easy to see in the photo but I also used a piece of tulle and dotted it with gold glitter behind the photo. 

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

7 comments:

blbabe1234 said...

gorgeous take on the sketch. love all the pretty papers. thank you so much for joining us at Sketches in thyme!

Sharon said...

Great layout. Such a pretty wedding layout! Thank you for joining us at Sketches In Thyme.

Karen said...

Gorgeous layout! I love the papers you used. Thanks for joining in at Sketches in Thyme!

Cherished said...

Beautiful page. Thanks for playing at Sketches in Thyme.

Eli said...

Love love this! It's so nice, colorful... perfect for a modern wedding album. Great! Thanks for playing with us at Sketches in Thyme. Eli

Rumtruffle said...

Barb I love the way you have divided the background paper, it is very effective.
Thanks for taking the time to join us at Sketches in thyme.
~Helen~

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous layout! Love the layering you did and the papers you used! Thanks for playing at Sketches in Thyme!