Sunday, February 28, 2016

WhimsicaL wedding layouts

My younger son got married last August, and as a result I am blessed with nearly 2000 wedding photographs. Most are from the professional photographer, who captured the day and evening perfectly and with great creativity and a bit of humor. After making a dozen or so layouts, I decided to have a bit of fun and get more "whimsical" with paper and embellishment choices.

For the first layout, I chose sketch #186 from Sketches in Thyme and an older kit from Citrus Twist Kits (moving halfway across the country put me a bit behind in using up my monthly kits) I liked the oversize camera embellishment and the acrylic triangle banners. My brother-in-law (who officiated the ceremony) said something at the beginning of the vows that cracked up the bride, so I thought a lighter, fun touch was appropriate.




My second layout started with the Feb. 26 sketch from ScrapMuch?  and another kit from my stash. I didn't think too much about my choices of papers and embellishments, just grabbing what caught my eye and having fun with it.


I have a tendency to take my scrapbooking a little "too seriously" from time to time, so it was great to just loosen up and have a little fun. Thanks for looking; have a great day!

12 comments:

Laura Whitaker said...

Wow Barb this is so beautiful! Just love everything about the page! Thanks for linking up at ScrapMuch?!

Nancy said...

Really wonderful pages, Barb! Fun photos and lovely elements!
Thanks for joining us at ScrapMuch! :o)

LisaM said...

Beautiful wedding pages Barb! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

Sandy Ross said...

Gorgeous wedding layouts. I love all the details! Beautiful job with the ScrapMuch? sketch! Thanks for playing along with ScrapMuch?!

Lori said...

Both of these layouts are just beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

Sharon said...

Pretty papers and colors. Love the layout too. Thank you for joining us at Sketches In Thyme.

Danie Ramirez said...

Beautiful wedding pages
Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?

Tiiu said...

Love these pages. Beautiful photos, beautiful embellishing. Thank you for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?

Anna Uhras said...

Awesome pages as always Barb!! Lovely papers <3 Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch? Anna xo

JulesinParadise said...

What great layouts...love the use of the colors rather than the traditional black, white, gold. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.

Barbara Greenberg said...

Love seeing wedding layouts. This is awesome. You will be busy with all those pictures.
Thanks for joining use at Sketches in Thyme

Rumtruffle said...

Great layouts Barb.
Thanks for taking the time to join us at Sketches in Thyme
~Helen~