Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Scrapping with less than perfect pictures

When I first started scrapbooking (about 12 years ago), I thought I needed to use only the absolute BEST photos. Then I realized that most of the photos that really told my/my family's story were less than perfect. The main point is to highlight little glimpses about our lives and preserve our memories, both large and small (and that includes the less than perfect ones).

Both of these layouts use photos that never would have made the cut 12 years ago. In this one, I swiped a photo from my daughter's Facebook page that she took with her iPhone. The restaurant was crowded, the room was badly lit for photography, but this was a fun memory that I wanted to chronicle. Both of my girls and their families visited us in our new home after Christmas, and we took them to a restaurant that has been voted to have "the best burgers in Pueblo".


I used the February week three sketch from Let's Get Sketchy for my layout, along with a kit from last sumner by Citrus Twist Kits. This one was kind of messy and really fun to do. I stenciled, splattered and cut little triangles to make the background.

For the second layout, I used the February week four sketch from Let's Get Sketchy and a Scraptastic kit from last summer. My mom and I visited the Pueblo Zoo yesterday (it was a nice day and we have season passses). The black vultures hilariously checked us out with great interest. It's a little hard to see the vultures through the zoo fencing but I wanted to scrap the memory nonetheless. I turned the sketch sideways to better accommodate my photo.


Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

11 comments:

Jacqui said...

Two great layouts, thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

Vivian Lake said...

Two awesome layouts! You are killing it! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Brenshevia Baker said...

Beautifully done! thanks so much for joining us at LGS!

Marci Bensing said...

Love your work! Agree on the photo quality story too! It's all about the memories and fun! thanks for joining in at LGS!

Cherished said...

Awesome pages. Thanks for playing at LGS.

Astrid Zwaan said...

Great pages, thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

SomethingAboutMarie said...

Gorgeous pages!!!! Thank you for joining us @LGS!

Brenda Caldow said...

Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in at Let's Get Sketchy.

Helene Bogren said...

Great take on the sketches! Thanks for joining in with us at LGS!

Melissa Vining said...

I totally agree on your philosophy for scrapping everyday photos! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Joefil said...

Great layouts! Thanks for joining us at LGS :)