Sunday, October 4, 2015

Why yes, I should be packing ....

We're moving from Illinois to Colorado in about seven weeks. There is so much to pack, arrange, and do between now and then! But since my better half is watching the Bears game with friends,  I decided to take this chilly Sunday afternoon to work on a quick scrap project,. It's a great stress reliever!

I started with the October 1 sketch from Stuck?! Sketches (if you haven't discovered this blog yet, you need to check it out) and combined it with the Saturday, October 3 "Three to Inspire" challenge on the Citrus Twist Kits blog (another great place!) The challenge was to 1) machine or hand stitch on your layout 2) stamp on your layout and 3) use a large photo. I stitched in pink on my chevron stripes, which were cut by hand; stamped the date; and used a larger photo than I usually use. I also used the Citrus Twist September main kit and patterned paper add on,

This was fun!

Here's the sketch:


And here's my layout. I rotated it sideways to better fit my vertical photo:



This one was from yesterday, using the September 27 sketch from the Citrus Twist blog and the September kit, along with a few items from my stash.





And now, back to packing. Have a great week!

5 comments:

Laura Whitaker said...

Wow Barb, fabulous pages - I really love your take on the Stuck?! Sketches - the details and colours are excellent! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Cassie said...

What a great page! I love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Sarah said...

Love this page, lovely photo too! Good luck with the move, and thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches

Eli said...

Wonderful layout, Barb. I really like how you've edited the sketch to adapt it to your photo. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Eli

Devra said...

I love how you turned the sketch on it's side to accommodate your fantastic photo. The products you chose highlight it so well. Thank you for sharing with us at Stuck?! Sketches.