Thursday, October 15, 2015

Scrapping away from home

I have a very well equipped scrap room at home, which I tend to take for granted. It's always a big challenge to pack for scrapping anywhere except home. What should I take? What do I want to work on? What will I need? What if I don't have something that I need or want?

This week I'm staying with two of my grandsons in Rochester, MN,, while their parents take a much-deserved vacation in Key West. Because the boys are 10 and 14, my role is supervisory more than caretaking, which leaves me plenty of time to scrap. I brought four kits and my basic supplies; so far I've managed to make two layouts with what I have on hand.

The first layout is for the Let's Get Sketchy blog. I love this sketch (October Week #1)  because it gives me a great plan for my layout while leaving room for interpretation. Here's the sketch:



 And here's my layout, using the June kit and a couple of kit add-ons from  Citrus Twist Kits;



This one is my take on this week's sketch challenge on the Citrus Twist blog, using the September "Haight" add-on kit from Citrus Twist:


Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Brenshevia Baker said...

Great take on the sketch, thanks so much for joining us at LGS!

SomethingAboutMarie said...

Fun page & pictures!!!! Thank you for playing with us @LGS!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Such a fun take on the sketch! Great cheery colours that highlight those fab photos. Thanks for playing along with LGS this month.

Brenda Caldow said...

Love your take on the sketch. Awesome photos. Thanks for joining in at Let's Get Sketchy

Joefil said...

Beautiful pages, love your take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at LGS :)

sue said...

You have an awesome job on these layouts!! I can never finish one when I am at a crop or away because I always leave something I want!! Thanks for joining our challenge at LGS :)

Cherished said...

Love what you did with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at LGS.