Monday, October 26, 2015

Let's get packing!

With just three weeks until our scheduled "move date", most of my time is spent packing our belongings into boxes. My scrap room is on today's agenda. The plan is to pack a kit or two and "essential supplies" into my rolling crop case, so I can still scrap a bit until we get settled in our new home, and to box up all the rest. As I look around my crowded and messy craft room, I can say I'm not looking forward to sorting and boxing all of this!


I created just one layout in the past week, using October sketch #2 from the "Let's Get Sketchy" blog.  Here's the sketch:


I liked the open feel of the design and thought it was perfect for showcasing a favorite photo from my son's wedding. After the initial layout was done, I kept trying to add more embellishments but kept taking them off. Sometimes simple is best:


I used the October kit from Citrus Twist Kits, with the addition of gold foil paper (leaves cut with my Silhouette and  a digital cut file from Citrus Twist), lace and a paper flower from my stash. I printed the words to the song "At Last" on gray cardstock . 

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Masami Tsuji said...

So pretty! Love the color combo & the gorgeous photo, of course!
Thanks for sharing it with us at LGS:)

sue said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous!! Fabulous photo and colour scheme!! Thanks for joining our challenge at LGS :)

Brenshevia Baker said...

Beautifully done, thanks so much for joining us at LGS!

Joefil said...

Beautiful page! Thank you so much for joining us at LGS :)

SomethingAboutMarie said...

I love your page!!!! I love everything about it!!! Thank you for joining us @LGS!