Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A busy summer, and a busy fall too!

My summer was a busy one, with a visit to my oldest daughter's in Rochester, MN; a week on a private cabin resort in Minocqua, WI with my youngest daughter and her children; and a trip via AMTRAK to Pueblo, CO for a week with my husband. The biggest occasion by far, though, was my son's wedding at a beautiful forest preserve venue north of Chicago.

All of them have added up to tons of scrapbooking fun! 

I used the current challenge at the Challenge YOUself blog  for this one. I rarely put photos of myself in my scrapbooking. When I saw the photos from my son's wedding, I wasn't happy at first with the way I looked in them. The "Note To Self" challenge, however, caused me to reflect on that and to embrace the way I look at 59 1/2 years old. The papers and embellishments are from the September main kit and ad-on at Citrus Twist Kits. The photo is by Melissa Ruggerio of Melissa Marie Photography. 



Here are a few of my favorite layouts from the summer:









We visited Colorado last summer in search of a place to retire ... and we found it! We're having a new home built in Pueblo and will be moving there (along with my mom, who will live with us) in mid-November. My scraproom will be  packed up for the move, so my scrapbooking will be a bit limited to a kit or two and some basic supplies until we get settled.  

7 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Congratulations and good luck in your new home! I love the way you reflected about summer and the layouts you made here! And wow! Your layout for the challenge is beautiful. I love the photo of you and how your interpretation of the sketch. Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrslelf this month!

├ůsaJ said...

Great take on the sketch! Love your chooise of papers and colours. Beautiful!!! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

Susanne said...

It's been a pleasure meeting you and seeing your work - from one Midwesterner to another. Fabulous take on the note to self challenge, and I enjoyed seeing all your pages, pocket and otherwise.

Tracy P said...

Your layout is beautiful Barb and so are you! The paper choices are perfect along with embellishments. Very nice! Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself. And good luck with your move!

♥ Lynn said...

Wow you've been a busy lady this summer! Great layouts!!! Love your take on our sketch/promt challenge. That is a beautiful photo of you and you scrapped it perfectly!! So glad you joined us at Challenge YOUrself.

My not so simple life said...

Wow you have been busy! Beautiful layouts :) Thanks for joining in at Challenge YOUrself :)

kate blue said...

What?! Nothing wrong with that pic-I see someone who really looked happy and relaxed; but we always see ourselves differently; your son will only see beauty and love :) Love all the creations; especially the one for us; its soft and sweet and fantastic. Kate (Challenge YOUrself) ps-love all the trips!