Sunday, April 26, 2015

A scrappy weekend for sure!

With all the wedding planning, family activities, birthdays and holidays, my regular scrapbooking time has been limited the past few weeks. This weekend, I decided to take a break and do some scrapping "just for fun". It's been productive so far!

Scraptastic Kit Club has a Thursday challenge on the club's blog each week, with a prize drawing for a $20 gift card at the end of each month,. In my last post, I showed my creations for two of the April  challenges. Here is the one I made for the sketch challenge (featuring a sketch by design team member Susan Stringfellow). I used the April "I Lived" kit and add-on:


The fourth challenge this month from Scraptastic was to make a 30-minute layout. I used my 30 minutes to make a smaller, streamlined version of the above layout. It's another in my series of 5 x 7 layouts that will be framed and displayed on the tables at my son's wedding reception. I also used the April 15 sketch from the  STUCK?! sketches blog for this one:



(My scanner mysteriously and repeatedly refused to capture the red border on the right side of the layout.)

In addition to sketches and challenges, I also love kit clubs. I've been a member of the Citrus Twist Kit Club almost from its beginning three years ago, and the kits never cease to amaze me for their beauty and versatility. CT recently started a "3 to Inspire" weekly challenge on the club's blog. The April 18 challenge called for a black and white photo, patterned paper and a brush script. This is what I came up with, using a PageMaps sketch and the April CT kit, paper and sprinkles add ons. Yes, it's another wedding table layout:




This is Sunday morning, and I have the whole day and evening ahead of me; hoping to get another layout or two done today. Thanks for stopping by -- have a great day!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Terrifuc layouts! I haven't yet attempted the April sketch, but I'm inspired to do by your layout!

Laura said...

Gorgeous pages, love your take on the Stuck?! sketch and how you changed it to suit your size needs! What a fun idea for wedding decor too! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Aurelie said...

Love your colour choices and all those bits and pieces!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!