Saturday, April 25, 2015

A few challenges ..

I love challenges and sketches .... and prizes! The Scraptastic Club Blog features a challenge each Thursday, including a monthly sketch by Susan Stringfellow (one of my favorite sketch artists). Each completed challenge earns you an entry into the monthly drawing. The prize? A $20 gift card to the Scraptastic Store. I always use mine on the monthly kits and add-ons, but you also can use it in the online store.

Here are my takes on two of the four April challenges. The first challenge was to use at least three elements to create a title block. Here, I used diecuts, patterned paper and alphas to build my title area:



The title, bunnies, basket and eggs are cut files from PPBN Designs (Nicole has some adorable designs!) All the papers are from the March "Rivers and Roads" main kit and add-on from the Scraptastic Club. 

The third April challenge was to use numbers on your layout. I used the Scraptastic April "I Lived" kit and add-on for this one, featuring my youngest grandson in a straw hat from our box of toys and dress up stuff. Don't you just love his curls?

I used the April 1 sketch from Stuck?! Sketches  for my layout. Stuck?! offers two sketches a month, and yes -- there is a prize drawing. 


There are still a few days left in April, and it's the weekend, so I'm hoping to complete the other Scraptastic challenges and hopefully the other Stuck?! sketch also. Happy Scrapping -- and thank you for stopping by. 

5 comments:

Joefil said...

Awesome pages, and great take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Kathy Martin said...

Totally terrific page! Love that huge grin! Thanks for joining in on our numbers challenge! You're awesome! :)

Laura said...

Gorgeous pages, love your take on the Stuck?! sketch, such great elements and colours! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Vasso Sofou said...

So cute!! A really happy page!Love the colors and the craft paper! thank you for joining us at Stuck?!

Aurelie said...

SO CUTE! Love all the bits and pieces you layered!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!