Tuesday, January 27, 2015

"Stuck?!"

I love sketches; in face, almost all of my layouts and many of my cards start with a sketch. Recently, through another scrapbooking friend, I found Stuck?! Sketches, a fantastic blog owned by sketch designer Laura Whitaker. This is the first of two January sketches posted on the blog. (I used the January 15 sketch for "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!", which I posted earlier).


The title of this layout could have been "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth", since granddaughter Anna showed up for our Christmas family get-together with this gorgeous gap-toothed grin. I used the December "Crazy Beautiful" add-on kit from Citrus Twist Kits, with a few goodies from previous kits. Loved the way this sketch came together!

The layout also satisfies one of the 31 January "Scrap Your Stash" challenges at Cookin' Up Creations. There's still time to join in the challenges this month. And we invite you to share in the fun as we return to our Monday through Friday "Blue Plate Special" challenges in February. The February theme will be "Love Is In The Air"!

My ongoing project right now is a true labor of love. My third child is getting married in August, and I offered to make a series of mini-layouts that can be put into 5x7 acrylic easels and displayed on the dinner tables and other places at the wedding reception. (I did this for my youngest daughter's wedding, and the guests loved looking at them). My son's fiancee also loved the idea, so I'm hoping to get a very nice pile of these done by mid-August. This one is my favorite of the ones I've completed so far:


 

Thanks for looking -- have a fantastic day!

3 comments:

Laura said...

This is just so lovely, i love the paper choices and your pretty embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Tracy B said...

Great mixture of prints and your colors are perfect with your photo. Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

KerrynF said...

Such a pretty and soft page, thanks for playing along with Stuck?!