Saturday, January 24, 2015

New year, new challenges!

I love scrap challenges; they're a great way to get my creativity flowing.This week I found a new-to-me sketch challenge site, Stuck?! Sketches. The January 15 sketch was perfect for scrapping a photo of my husband's favorite Christmas gift. When he was a kid, he and his seven(!) brothers always wanted a BB gun, but their mom said no. Like Ralphie's mom in the 1983 movie "A Christmas Story", she was afraid they would shoot someone's eye out. This year, my oldest daughter saw a display for the Daisy Red Ryder BB gun and bought him one. He has been happily shooting at paper targets and cans in the ravine behind our home.

 
I used the December main kit and paper add-on from Citrus Twist Kits; those of you who are familiar with the movie will "get" the glasses embellishment. I cut the red title pieces with my Silhouette Cameo.

The Cookin' Up Creations forum also features weekday "Blue Plate Special" challenges -- a new one each day, Monday through Friday, with a prize drawing at the end of the month. This month, we're offering something a little different -- a "Use Your Stash" month-long challenge, with a total of 31 challenges. These are just a couple of projects I've completed so far:

#12 -- Wooden items: (This also qualified for a December sketch challenge at Scraptastic Club)


#16 -- Mist or paint a background: 



The little layout above is one of a series of 5x7 layouts that I'm making for my son's wedding in August. The completed layouts will be put into those clear acrylic easel frames that you see at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, etc. and placed on tables throughout the reception area. We did the same thing for my youngest daughter's wedding in 2010, and the guests loved them! The lines on the layout are for the couple to add a bit of journaling about the photo.

Thanks for looking --- have a great day!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Wow great pages, love the story behind your Sfuck?! page, and such great colours and layers! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?!

Tomomi said...

Very beautiful pages!! Thanks so much for playing along with Stuck?!Sketches:)

Tracy B said...

Love your picture and great story behind it. Nice take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

KerrynF said...

Fabulous layout. love the wooden background as it really pops the colours. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?! Sketches.