Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Just under the wire ...

..,.with a couple of October challenges from the Scraptastic Club blog! I love design team member Susan Stringfellow's sketches, and this month's was no exception. I used the fantastic Thriller kit and add-on along with the sketch to show off my youngest grandchildren in their Halloween finery:


The October 9 challenge asked for at least five digital files (print or diecuts) on a project. I used several different bat cut files, as well as the orange scallop circle, a banner and cobweb corner files, on this layout, again using the Thriller kit and add-on:


I also loaded up a few Halloween cards with multiple die cuts from various files:


 I used individual files for the moon, raven, tombstone, zombie hands, and the RIP letters on the left; and various bat files, a frightful font, the moon and tombstones for the right.

For these two, I used Jillibean files for the cute owls (styled after the Jillibean die cuts that came in the Thriller kit), and more files for the moom, bats, letters, fence, grass and pumpkins.

I L O V E D the Thriller kit and add-on! In addition to the two layouts above, I also completed these two layouts with the kit. I used a PageMaps sketch for this one. The photos are from 1990:


I used a Nuts About Sketches sketch for this one, featuring my oldest three kids back in 1987:


I have a two-pager in progress now using the same kit, with paper for at least a couple more projects (probably for next year's Halloween cards for the grandkids) Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday to scrap, even more so than Christmas. I can just go wild with the patterns, colors and embellishments and have fun.

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Lovely and creative.