Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Two more Scraptastic challenges ...

... and another fun sketch from Susan Stringfellow! I loved the big sun motif and the circles in this month's sketch challenge on the Scraptastic Club blog.

My son and his fiancee recently enjoyed a trip to sunny Mexico; and I couldn't resist snagging a few photos from Facebook. (Honestly, that's the only way I get photos of these kids sometimes!) I still had some papers from last July's Rock Lobster kit, which seemed appropriate for the photos. I also had a piece of yellow dotted paper from an even older kit, which made a perfect sun:



I cut the sun, circle, banner and little palm trees with Cricut files. The alphas were from some my stash, also.

I also completed the second challenge on the Scraptastic blog, which was to use punches. I need a birthday card for my grandson who is turning 9 next week, so I dove into the Daylight kit and pulled a few punches.


I made the frame for the shaker box using a 2 inch square punch. I punched the square, then cut the paper around it to the size I wanted for the frame. The little button at the left actually took a scalloped circle, 1 inch circle and 1/2 inch circle punch, along with that cute little froggy punch from the Target bargin bins. I used a notebook edge border punch for the bottom.

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

No comments: