Thursday, June 26, 2014

For the love of Disney ....

I love scrapping Disney park photos, even when they're not my own! So far, I've scrapped some of my own from a trip in 2012, as well as photos from trips by both my daughters and their famliles. I never grow tired of Disney!

In May, my youngest daughter and six-year-old granddaughter enjoyed a "Mommy and Me" trip to Walt Disney World in Florida, leaving Daddy and two-year-old brother at home. They came back with some delightful photos that have kept me scrapping for the past month, with the promise of much more Disney scrapping fun.

This one is for the June 12 challenge on the Scraptastic Club' s blog to use a "feminine" kit for a "masculine" project or vice versa. I had thought of the May Daylight kit, with its blues, greens, and yellows, as a kit to use for scrapping boys. However, there were a few B sides of papers with flowers and tiny dots; I used those to scrap this photo of my daughter and granddaughter meeting Ferb of "Phineas and Ferb".


When I saw this photo that my daughter had embellished with the Hollywood Studios border, I thought of old postcards from my childhood. The postcards usually said "Wish you were here" on the back, so I chose that for my title. I used the May kit from Citrus Twist kits and a sketch from the CT blog.


The June Citrus Twist sketch and another sketch from the CT blog (Kasia is a wonderful sketch artist!) inspired this layout with my granddaughter meeting Sofia the First, a Disney Junior character. The patchwork effect was inspired by a layout created by design team member Gina Rodgers.


The June "Best Day of My Life" kit from Scraptastic inspired two more Disney layouts (so far). The girly colors and some added embellishments were perfect with the photos! A sketch by Alda Stevens of Flying Unicorn inspired the first one. I made the watercolor background by scribbling with water based markers onto an acrylic block, spritzing lightly with water and allowing some of it to run off, then "stamping" on the paper. 


This one was inspired by a layout from design team member Carol Monson:


Scraptastic design team member Sherri Funk used her Cameo to cut a design into her background paper, then backed it with patterned paper; so I scraplifted her idea for this layout using the April "Worth Wondering" kit and add on. The dinosaurs and volcano are cut files from the Silhouette Online Store; the title is from Paper Piecings by Nikki. This is out of my usual style, but so much fun! 


And because I hadn't done a two-pager in a while, I found a sketch by Susan Stringfellow and used the November kit from Citrus Twist Kits. My daughter took these pictures at the Perfectly Princess Tea, hosted by Aurora and Rose Petal of "Sleeping Beauty" fame. The little guests received a tiara, necklace, bracelet and other gifts, including that beautiful 18-inch doll. Everything was served on pretty china, and each guest received one on one time with Aurora. As expected, this was a highlight of their trip. 


As expected, there are many more Disney photos from this trip to scrap. My scrap room also is full of kits and products just begging to be put to use, so I should be in Disney mode for some time to come.

Thanks for looking -- have a great day! 

No comments: