Thursday, February 13, 2014

Using hearts!

The challenge this month on more than one forum or blog has been to "use hearts". Well after all, it IS February with Valentine's Day smack in the middle!

I made these Valentines for my two youngest grandchildren, just in time for Sherri's challenge on the Scraptastic Club blog! I was fortunate to receive a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas, and I've been having too much fun with it! For this first card, I used Scraptastic's February Feel Again kit papers and cardstock. The adorable bear, with her little bee costume and heart antennae, was cut with a Silhouette file. I also cut the sentiment alphas with the Cameo. 


I used another Silhouette file for this "wheelie" cute car Valentine for my youngest grandson. This time, I used papers from Scraptastic's Mr. Big Stuff kit. The sentiment was part of the car file; the heart banner was separate. 



I made these earlier in the week for the other five grandkids. All involved the Cameo and were tons of fun to make:

I used paper scraps from some almost-used-up kits for these 'angry-style bird" cards. I designed the birds myself using very basic shapes with the Silhouette Cameo software. I'm hoping my older three grandsons like them (and hoping they know "who" the birds are supposed to be)"



 These are for my two teenage granddaughters. They're 13 and 16, so I went for "pretty" more than "cute" for them. The papers are from the Feel Again kit.



The cards also work for various challenges at the Flying Unicorn scrapbooking forum and for the LOVE IS IN THE AIR Blue Plate Specials challenge theme at Cookin' Up Creations Scrapbook Forum.  Here's a layout about something I love -- the sight of grandchildren's shoes near our door. I used the January kit and this week's sketch from Citrus Twist Kits.


Thanks for looking -- have a wonderful Valentine's Day and a great weekend! 

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Wow Barb, these are wonderful. You took the challenge to a whole new level girl. So glad you linked up with us at Scraptastic!

Lolis Flores said...

Hi Barb! Love your cards! They are beautiful! I love how you personalized each one. And your layout is just fabulous ! Love the picture of the shoes!