Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hello, I'm back!

My poor blog has been very neglected the past few months, but one of my New Year's resolutions is to post regularly again.

What motivates you to scrap? For me, I find inspiration in challenges and sketches. The Scraptastic Club blog  offers a new challenge each Thursday (there's a drawing at the end of the month for a $20 gift card to the club's store). Last week, design team member Tracy Banks' challenge was to scrap on the diagonal; she even made a process video to demonstrate! Here is my diagonally-inclined layout:


I received a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas (so excited!) and used it to make the title and the heart confetti.

The Citrus Twist Kits blog offers a sketch challenge every Sunday morning. I adore Kasia's sketches! There's a weekly drawing for a $5 gift certificate, which sweetens the deal.  This is my layout using the January 19 sketch and the December Citrus Twist kit:


And I have to mention that all of these photos were snagged from Facebook. I snag photos from all of my adult children's pages, and they're pretty tolerant of finding themselves and their families as the subjects of my scrapbook layouts.

I'm the design team coordinator at Cookin' Up Creations, which offers daily Blue Plate Special Challenges. This month's theme is ScrapLIFT Your Stash -- we're scraplifting layouts from the site's gallery, as well as using up some of the stash we've accumulated over the past year. Each completed challenge earns you an entry into the Dessert Tray drawing at the end of the month.

So far this month, I've completed these layouts for Blue Plate Special challenges:

Use a neglected tool (mine was my Creative Memories wavy paper cutter), with photo by Amy Runge:


Use circles and stars on your project:


Make little layers of paper and embellishments:


Flying Unicorn is another of my favorite sites. In addition to gorgeous monthly kits, there are how to's, monthly challenges and a weekly sketch challenge. There are various lovely RAKS offered as prizes for the monthly challenges, and a $10 gift certificate to the store for the weekly MoJo Monday sketches.

I did this layout for a challenge to pop up several page elements:


This layout also was created for Nuts About Sketches, a wonderful sketch blog. I found Shawn's site four years ago when I was just really getting into scrapping, and right now I'm in the final few weeks of my fourth term on the design team. Many of my favorite layouts have started with one of Shawn's sketches; and she does excellent double-layout sketches! This is one that I completed with photos from our family Christmas gathering:


Thaks for stopping by; have a great day!

No comments: