Sunday, September 22, 2013

Design your own kit?

Scraptastic Kit Club's September 12 challenge was to "design your own kit" and use it for a layout. I pulled pieces from my Scraptastic January kits and some assorted things from my stash. Here's what I started with:


And here's my finished layout:


I used the Spellbinders dies to cut the foil into gears, and made paint splotches on the Hambly screen print with alcohol inks and a blending tool before adhering to my layout. I used acrylic paints to color the cork chevrons. Not really my typical style, but I liked the effect!


If you're looking for scrapbooking challenges and inspiration, join us at the Cookin' Up Creations forum! There's a new challenge every day through September 25; and each completed challenge earns you a chance in the prize drawing at the end of the month.

1 comment:

Carol said...

thanks for playing with my challenge! love what you came up ;)