Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Challenges and sketches ...

... I love them both! In fact, I rarely scrap a layout without involving either a sketch or a challenge, or both. It seems that extra little inspiration is what I need to get started.

I used the weekly sketch at Citrus Twist for this layout, along with the June CT kit, "Boardwalk". I cut the clouds with my Cricut and the Graphically Speaking cartridge, Loving those little cork  arrows and chevrons by Studio Calico!



This was my design for Sketch #272 at Nuts About Sketches. The paper collection is Basic Grey's What's Up? Some of the photos are mine; others are from the Disneyland PhotoPass photographers. 


And this layout is my entry for the June 27 sketch challenge on the Scraptastic Kit Club blog. I went back to the April "Every Day is Like Sunday" kit -- one of my all time favorites! I've managed to make at least a half dozen pages from the kit (also bought the add-on, which gave me more papers and embellishments) with plenty for a couple more.  I just had fun with this layout -- used a mask and gesso on the background, dripped a little yellow acrylic paint around, cut the fence border with Cricut's Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge and the ladybugs with Doodlecharms cartridge. (And I almost stole that froggy statue from my mom's yard -- isn't he just the cutest??)


Everything came from the kit except some cardstock and those Maya Road kraft doilies. They've been in my stash for at least two years, so it's time to use them up!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day! 



No comments: