Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Two days and three layouts ...

After working for the past SEVEN days in a row, I finally had yesterday and today off. I spent the time wisely -- in my scrap room, of course!

First I made this layout for Scrap That Moment, our local scrapbooking store, using Studio Calico's Here + There and Sundrifter collections. The cute banners and my title alphas were cut with my Cricut, using Worldwin cardstock. Our five-year-old granddaughter was a "Puffy Cloud" in her recent dance recital, so the cloud printed paper was perfect!


I made this layout for yesterday's weekly reveal at Nuts About Sketches, combining this week's sketch #269 with the June "Funky Town" kit from Scraptastic Kit Club. The photos were taken after the recital, when my year-old grandson was having fun running in the grass after sitting through his sister's performance. I adore that Basic Grey pre-made banner from the Hipster collection!

For this layout, I used this week's Citrus Twist sketch by Kasia, as well as the May Citrus Twist kit. I was inspired by the background paper, "Clippings" from American Crafts' DIY Collection:


I cut the paper in half, then turned each piece to make the rays go outward on both the top and the bottom. The paper just screamed "tropical island" to me, so I borrowed two photos from my daughter's Facebook page:


I used a toothbrush and Vintage Photo distress ink from Ranger to add some darker shading to the paper, then sprayed lightly with Khaki mist from Tattered Angels and Desert spray from Mister Huey's. I also added an overall spritz of Mister Huey's Shine, which isn't visible here but adds a really sun kissed look.

Thanks for stopping by -- have a great day!

3 comments:

Megan Hebel said...

I found your blog, and your layout, via the Citrus Twist blog. I was looking for some inspiration for the sketch of the week and boy did I find it in your page!! You did such a wonderful job! Its gorgeous!

Nathalie said...

I love the variety of looks, designs and feel of your pages here! You did an awesome interpretation of the Citrus Twist sketch and I enjoyed seeing what you did with the "Funky Town" kit which I am about to open myself ;)

angie gutshall said...

Barb, I love your layouts! The one you did for CTK sketch is awesome! Love the how you distressed it!