Thursday, June 20, 2013

This week's layouts

Scrapwise, it's been a quiet week, but I did manage to finish a couple of layouts.

The first features sketch #270 from Nuts About Sketches, along with the May After the Storm kit from Scraptastic Kit Club. Taking photos in a dark auditorium is always really tricky. My stage shots are less than perfect, to say the least,  but I included them anyway because they help tell the story.


 I copied this from Scraptastic design team member Susan Stringfellow, who also embossed her word diecut with a woodgrain folder and then inked it. Mine also is sprayed with kraft glimmer mist for some shine.

Also a steal from Susan -- stringing stickers onto a stickpin and inserting it into one of the cloud diecuts. This kit was just loaded with cute diecuts!!


And an idea from Jana Eubank -- adorning another of the clouds with a stickpin and one of the flairs from the kit.


I used this week's sketch from Citrus Twist Kits (check out their newly re-designed blog and website!) with my May kit and paper add-on for this layout. The kit really says "tropical island" to me, and since I have no tropical beach photos of my own, I stole one from my youngest daughter's Facebook page. She and her husband were fortunate enough to spend a week on St. Croix in March.


The sketch calls for photos to be cut into circles, but I changed it up and used some of the fabulous patterned papers from the kit, then laid the photo over the top. I'm totally in love with the Echo Park "Games" paper imprinted with those game spinners! It's from the "All About a Boy" collection.


There's a new Citrus Kit on its way to me as we speak ... looking forward to breaking into that this weekend or early next week. Thanks for stopping by -- have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

I haven't visited in a while but I do love to see your work in the Scraptastic and Citrus Twist galleries ;) Your pages are always a pleasure to look at and this double pager is no exception!