Sunday, April 7, 2013

"Yes, Please!"

Lynette Daniel, the owner of our beautiful local LSS, "Scrap That Moment", asked me to create a couple of projects with Amy Tangerine's "Yes, Please" collection by American Crafts. This is such a fun, bright and happy line! I have to confess that I used the designs on the back of the 12 x 12 collection pad as inspiration for my layouts, making a few changes along the way.

I really love the way this one turned out! The photo is from Disneyland's PhotoPass studio (my daughter added the fun border). My daughter, her family and I visited Disneyland last August, and the fantastic new Cars Land was a major highlight of our visit.


Since I had only the papers and not the chipboard or other embellishments, I improvised with fussy cutting from the pad. The striped "arrow" was cut from the strip at the top of the paper -- you know, the piece that often gets thrown away. I love when a company prints something along those strips. They make great page borders and accents! The medallion was cut with a Cricut; I think it's on the "Tie the Knot" cartridge.

And I'm happy with this one, too. The photo is from a business trip to a trade conference in Hong King back in 2005. I've scrapped the photo before, but it's one of my favorites because it was taken on a "fun day" of shopping in the Stanley Market shops and stalls, with an amazing lunch at this little sidwalk cafe. The world comes to Hong Kong, and we found the citizens to be hospitable hosts.


The pink arrow border is another one of those strips, as well as the "Super" underneath the photo.

I also made a couple of quick little cards:



This surely is more than enough to do the collection display justice at the store, but I can see more "Yes, Please" layouts and cards in my future scrapping.

Thanks for looking! Have a wonderful day

No comments: