Monday, April 15, 2013

Computer guy in training ....

My son in law is a computer geek. He works for a power company's computer tech department, setting up and maintaining their computer systems and operation. Apparently, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree .... When my youngest grandson stayed with us for a few days, we found him playing with an old keyboard that we had slid under the desk. He was so cute and happy, pounding on the keys. I used the April "8 Days a Week" kit from Scraptastic Club  and Sketch #261 from Nuts About Sketches to create this layout:


The alphabets, rust cardstock and star button came from my stash; everything else was from the kit. I love the little typewriter flare, a Scraptastic exclusive from Ormulu.

I used the same kit for this layout:


The layout was inspired (well, more like scraplifted!) from Angie Gutshall, whose work I greatly admire. She presented a tutorial last week on Shimelle's blog on the mixed media painting that I used for my background. The alphas and Maya Road doilies were from my stash. And check out that flair, another Ormulu creation!

Thanks for looking -- have a great day!




1 comment:

Nathalie said...

Nice pages! I really like the clean lines of the first one. Your little computer wiz is too cute! :) Thank you for playing along with our Scraptastic challenge!