Saturday, April 27, 2013

A productive month for scrapping!

At the beginning of each year, I set a scrapbooking goal for myself. Usually it's to scrap more layouts than the year before. This year, my goal is to scrap at least 10 pages a month (that't not counting cards and any mini albums or special projects). It was looking a little shaky at the beginning of the year, but I managed to catch up my monthly average in April.

There are three things that spark my scrapping mojo:

1) Sketches
2) Challenges
3) Kits and new products

.... and it's been a a great month for all three!

Last week's challenge on the Scraptastic blog was to use paint on a layout. For this page, the only "pink" paint mists in my collection are dark and more red than pink; so I made my own mist by mixing a bit of the dark pink mist with white acrylic paint and water. Voila! bubblegum pink mist to match my papers.


Usually, I use my Scraptastic kits for the challenges on the club's blog. However, this layout uses the April 21 sketch on the Citrus Twist blog, as well as the April kit.

This was actually the second layout I made from the April kit (which has been in my hands less than a week). Here's the first -- it was for a scraplift challenge at Cookin' Up Creations:


My grandson Ethan, who lives in Minnesota, isn't much for getting his picture taken (sort of like his grandma!) This amused expression was the best I could get -- but I love it! This just "looks like Ethan"; and the title came to mind immediately. The background is a Crafter's Workshop template, with distress ink sponged over it. And the khaki glimmer mist "drips" turned out just the way I wanted them. Love it when that happens!

And sketches .... I love being on the Nuts About Sketches design team! Not only do I love Shawn's sketches, but I know that I'll complete at least one layout a week for the weekly reveal. This is sketch #262 from last week, with my February "Every Day is Like Sunday" kit from Scraptastic. This has been one of my favorite kits EVER!



Thanks for looking -- have a great day!

1 comment:

LG said...

These are gorgeous! I love the colors and all the paint here