Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pinterest, anyone?

I have to admit that I've been slow to jump on the Pinterest bandwagon. I've been a member for well over a year, but mostly I pin things to my board and then forget about them. A couple of challenges on scrapbooking boards have generated a new interest on my part in Pinterest, though.

The first March challenge on the Scraptastic Club blog is to use a PIN as inspiration for a layout. I was working with the fun, bright Ready Set Go collection by Amy Tangerine for American Crafts for Scrap That Moment, our local scrapbooking store. I was searching Pinterest for inspiration and came across this layout by Nicole Nowosad on the American Crafts Amy Tangerine board:



I was working with a 6x6 pad, but I made it work for this layout of my two youngest grandchildren:



I cut all of the little cards and the row of houses for my border from the paper; punched the circles and the hearts; and made the tag simply by covering a shipping tag with paper. I love the little quote bubbles that were printed on one patterned paper and made sure I used one for Anna's quote about her new brother: "I will love him and teach him to jump".

Here's a close-up of the little heart embellishment I made:



I used another layout by Nicole, again from an American Crafts Pinterest board, for this layout -- again using the 6x6 Ready Set Go paper pad. I loved her pieced circle and stitching, as well as her title treatment:


And here's my take on it:


Here's a close up of my pieced circle and my "faux button":


Both layouts are on display now at Scrap That Moment in downtown Princeton, IL. I'll be showing a quick tutorial on how I made my circle both here and on the Scrap That Moment blog later this week.

At Cookin' Up Creations, we're also sponsoring a whole month of Pinterest inspired challenges! Join us    on the forum for a new challenge each day, presented by our talented Challenge Team. Each completed challenge gets you one chance in the monthly prize drawing.

Thanks for looking -- have a fabulous day!

3 comments:

Nathalie said...

FANTASTIC pages Barb!!! I love how you interpreted your inspiration pieces, getting inspiration from them but not really lifting them. I really enjoy the bright colors too! Thank you for playing along with us at Scraptastic ;)

Sandy Ang said...

so fabulous the way you used the amy tangerine on your pages

adele holcomb said...

Two lovely pages! I like the dimensional heart and the pie chart.